Bonsai

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Back in the day it was a thing of mine. I'm revisiting the hobby with the intention I won't get carried away. :lol2:

35 year old Satsuki Azalea.

Needed something for the porch.

Looks good, was thinking of getting a bonsai again after a 15 year gap, just hope I still have the inclination to care for them properly:biggrin: will probably end up with 4 or 5!!

Back in the day it was a thing of mine. I'm revisiting the hobby with the intention I won't get carried away. :lol2:

35 year old Satsuki Azalea.

Needed something for the porch.

Salty what is the longest you ever maintained a bonsai, from a little twig.

I had a tea tree and I thought I was doing great had it for almost 3 years from when it was just a little twig in the dirt, then it just died on me, so now I will be getting a much more developed one

Not so much from a twig but I've started several "gathered bonsai" , small trees in the wild and trained them.

I had some for as many as five years but sold all of them when I moved and started collecting guitars.

Salty,
Very nice Azalea you have chosen.
I have narrowed my collection over the years which has added more enjoyment.
I will try to add a pic. Listening to my collection of wind chimes, and sitting in my garden, has added calm and tranquility.
My idea of Bonsai is observing a specimen and it evoking a spirit or feeling of being in nature.
Enjoy your tree,
Mike

Latest posts

Back