Quantcast
I need a meatball and simple tomato sauce recipe ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a meatball and simple tomato sauce recipe ???

I love Fabio. That was one of my favorite seasons of TC.

Guys thanks for the recipies I will try it for Sunday diner .

please advise how long and what temp to cook in the oven or is it required to fry in oil the meat balls I am trying to cut down on fat ?

thanks

Moses

no you do not have to fry them you can just get some color in the pan first then finish in the oven not sure how long

They aren't very big so they won't take long to cook. Maybe 15-20 min at 400. Cool left over meatballs and then freeze. It makes enough for 2 dinners with leftovers for a family of 5.

I need a meatball and simple tomato sauce recipe ???

Erilyn, definitely let me know when you do come back to NC. We'll have a meatball cook off. LOL. Instead of flour you could use can also dust them in dried milk powder.

I use packets from Knorr

http://www.knorr.com/product/detail/246070/beef-au-jus

The reason I cook the dish then let cool overnight is so that I can remove most of the fat/grease/oil before reheating it.

Moses, from a flavor perspective fry/bake the meat balls to prevent them from coming out boiled with soft mushy even slimy exterior and a spongy texture. You've got to get some Maillard on that beef or your going to get spaghetti-o level meatballs.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

I am kind of ashamed. I made a meat sauce tonight: sear 5# of beef, a few onions, season, tomato paste, deglaze, add two jars of Newman's Marinara, one jar of Newman's tomato & basil, adjust to taste, cook for an hour, done. Will go into the freezer as 'emergency food' for the times when I am tempted to get some junk because I am too tired to cook. Not exactly on topic, but an example of a European who would have made everything from scratch years ago having adapted to the 'American way'. I know, it's sad...

Stefan

All this reminds me of the kff cookbook thread. Anyone know what became of that?

tomato sauce.

here is my fast sauce. two 28 oz cans of tomato puree. i like Cento.

olive oil and butter in a pot. pinch of red pepper flakes. scoop in a big pile of grated onion. yup..onion on a box grater. get it hot..and soft. stir in chopped garlic. 30 seconds..splash of wine. whatever wine. cook it away. dump in the tomatoes..let it simmer. done. salt pepper to taste. now done.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    ...but an example of a European who would have made everything from scratch years ago having adapted to the 'American way'. I know, it's sad...
    Stefan, don't even go there. If you were still in Germany you would have cheated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Erilyn75 View Post
    I love Fabio. That was one of my favorite seasons of TC.
    Okay this guy was extremely entertaining, of course it could be the two shots of 1792 and the two dragon's milk....great recipe for meatballs.