Hypothetical- would you camp out for a knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine posted a pic to Instagram last night of some guys ( student age) who were camping outside a shop, waiting for the release of a new pair of sneakers. It's a public holiday here today, so they will be waiting at least 36 hours. It got me wondering, we are a pretty fanatical bunch here, would you sleep outside a shop for a chance at a limited edition knife? From what I understand these sneakers will immediately rise in value given the limited number released, and some of the buyers do it soley (pardon the pun) for profit, but some must also be collectors. Would you do it? Say for a Kramer, KD, maybe a limited run of stainless clad Shigs.

I would do it haha if it was my unicorn.

Though I did call in to work for the EE cyber Monday sale:whistling:

Be well,
Mikey

Nope, not a chance in hell. Not for a knife, not for a phone, and certainly not for a pair of sneakers....

For a couple of cheap Kramers so I could flip them and buy a house. Other than that - no.

Stefan

I would once I figure out which one I want. :p

Come on guys , am I the only one that checks the unread threads to see if Hoss or Marko is putting something up for sale? Yes I am not sleeping in front of a store but I am sure that is sort if camping :)

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

maybe online, but in real life, I don't even want to take the trip to go to the store to get a knife

honestly, I'm shocked that everyone is saying no. Yes, of course I would :biggrin:.

I'm not a camping type unless I have a social reason to do so.

So when are we all going camping in front of Marko's house?????
Is that what this is all about?

A priori, hell No! But if the price is right, let's say limited Damascus Kramer for $100 that I can flip for $15+K afterwards I would consider to spend dozen or two of hours for it.

Would you sleep on the street for a knife?
Would you for a DT Damascus?

Could you for a Catcheside, Burke or Randy Hass?

I would not with mouse
I could not for a Kramer

I would not leave my house unless it was a Rader.

I can't even stand in line for 15 minutes when we go out to eat.

This.

I wouldn't mind going camping with KKFers though...multi-day canoe trip...5 days rafting the colorado....

Also: love the new avatar + location!

If it was for the DT Damascus that he posted recently I would wait for days:D

I would also wait for a Marko, Radar, Mario, and Catchside.

It would be like in the early 80's waiting for Grateful Dead tickets, a party! Well, not like those parties :whistling:, but still fun.

Back