• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: (from EU) Itinomonn Butcher 170mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

another knife for sale. This time it is my Itinomonn butcher which I got directly from Maksim few months ago.

First I guess many will be curios why I decided to sell this knife. After all - it is stronger than anything one would ever put on a kitchen knife rack. The reason is - it is overkill for my use which usually includes some work around chicken. This is actually serious knife for professionals and is probably meant for butchery on larger animals. I also think that it is great value for the price. I will replace it with some simple honesuki as that will simply suit my needs better (I guess).

The condition:
The knife got very little use. Only when I started to polis the whole primary bevel I realised that it is slightly concave grind and over the 3 or 4 sessions this knife has endured I did not manage to flatten it fully (I could do that at buyers request) - so this is why the bevel seem to have scratches in some places in the middle between cutting edge and the kurouchi - that is the original finish. There are some reddish spots on the spine which at close examination do not look like rust, but I just have no idea what these are. It is very improbable that these are rust spots as the knife had very little (and short) use and was kept clean and dry. I used camellia oil on the blade after each sharpening session.

The bolster has two spots where it accidentally made contact with a sharpening stone - nothing major, but it is there. The kurouchi has no scratches and feels very solid to touch. The spine has rounded edges, the choil does not. But the blade is not tall enough to put your finger there anyhow.

Size & weight:
- weight: 170g
- blade (heel to tip): 170mm
- blade width(at the heel): 34mm
- blade thickness(at the handle): 5.3mm
- blade thickness(at the heel): 4.9mm
- blade thickness(1/2 way towards the tip): 3.8mm
- blade thickness(1cm from the tip): 2.2mm

How does it work:
I have went through some thinner chicken bones and trimmed few fish heads, but the knife just did not show any damage. When you see the choil shot you will understand why. At the same time the white #2 blade is so easy to get shaving sharp. I did not expect that with knife this robust.

Price & shipping:
80€ + shipping. Not insured shipping can be had for about 5 or 6 Euro worldwide as the knife can be shipped as a letter.

Payment:
PayPal or Money Transfer works best for me.

If you have any questions just ask :)

Now some photos:

Spots on the spine

Sharpening posts on the bolster

The massive choil:

Back