Quantcast
Questions for single bevel users - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions for single bevel users

Maluaka, you just want to buy a new knife, dont you?
    Yes, miracoulously it happens to many folks on this forum.

Lets make this clear: You dont need any of traditionals. And I think it can end up it A) you wont like the way the knife functions and will use it once a year or B) it will become a pleasure and you will try to cut everything with it therefore may be wiser not to spend big bucks on the first one?

But theres something about gaining new skill,[and new possesion] isnt it? And the lean beauty and perfection of that shape. I think what I like about Single bevels is that they are thicker then westerns, makes them heavier and more proportional? When you pick it, click, and youre connected.
    I tried to cut many things with my cheap yanagi already, ad I find it feeling great! I love to cut raw meat with it, even more than fish.
    With the learning the principal for me was to understand and put into practice one thing: Technique over force. Simple as hell and hardest thing for a pro in the same time

[QUOTE=bieniek;26467]
    Maluaka, you just want to buy a new knife, dont you?
    Yep

Lets make this clear: You dont need any of traditionals.
    Oh, I know, there was nothing wrong with my Globals either but we cant let that stop us can we

And I think it can end up it A) you wont like the way the knife functions and will use it once a year or
    Always a possibility, just means one of you guys getting a good deal on one in the buy sell.....

B) it will become a pleasure and you will try to cut everything with it
    That's the hope!

therefore may be wiser not to spend big bucks on the first one?
    Money is not too much of an issue. This is by far the cheapest of my hobbies. My wife says the price of knives is worth it so she doesn't have to cook. I would rather spend what it takes to get something that's going to be straight with flat blade road conducive to sharpening without needing too much opening.

But theres something about gaining new skill,[and new possesion] isnt it? And the lean beauty and perfection of that shape. I think what I like about Single bevels is that they are thicker then westerns, makes them heavier and more proportional? When you pick it, click, and youre connected.
    I tried to cut many things with my cheap yanagi already, ad I find it feeling great! I love to cut raw meat with it, even more than fish.
    With the learning the principal for me was to understand and put into practice one thing: Technique over force. Simple as hell and hardest thing for a pro in the same time
    That's the idea!