Itinomonn 240 V2 stainless clad

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
I would like to try and restore KKF's faith in the passaround by offering this one up. We've had some bad passaround experiences in the past and I'm hoping to get past that.
This was a gift from Taro and I've enjoyed using the hell out of it. Truly a workhorse, and I never thought I'd like/need a workhorse.
DSC_0044_zps09e04a6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is on it's way to DaveB in Tampa right now. I'll have him ship it to the next person after the list is completed. I think I'll keep this to 10 members. ConUS only, participants must be in good standing, etc. and list is at my discretion.
Keep for a week and pass along. Do as you will with it, sharpen it, etc. Mini reviews are encouraged.
Post here or PM me if interested.

hmmm I was thinking of making one of these my workhorse, Ill give it a whirl

I would love to get in on this, and dang is taro generous

I am on a wrong continent to participate, but events like these - generous and based on trust - are what makes this forum so great.

I am on a wrong continent to participate, but events like these - generous and based on trust - are what makes this forum so great.

Slight thread hijack but have there been any EU passarounds? would be good to get one going if there is enough interest maybe?

I'm not sure if I have the post count or recognition to be trusted, but I would be interested in giving an Itinomonn a try. I have been eyeing a wa-handled one on Maksim site for a while.

I'd like to check it out if possible, Thanks!!

Cool, looks like I've got 10. I'll post the list after I get all the addy's.

The list-in order:

daveb
labor of love
cclin
pleue
ramenlegend
brainsausage
jared08
Coqavin
rogue108
toddnmd
Bill13

Dave B will pass this along to lol in a little over a week. Please send a PM to me and to the next recipient with tracking # during each leg of the Passaround.
Feel free to give this a full workout. I have sharpened it several times and made a decent attempt at thinning it once. I tried really hard, but was not able to raise the cladding line though. Please share all thoughts and experiences in the thread, especially if you can raise that cladding!

knife arrived save and sound. the handle is alot nicer in person....i dont know where to start. its comfortable to the touch, not too heavy just feels right-smooth finish but not too smooth. ive used bolsterless westerns in the past and never really liked them very much. this one is a game changer for sure. this particular knife is 51mm tall and around 243-244mm long(cutting edge). the knife seems to be very well ground but could use some thinning for sure. if its alright with knerd i was going to thin it some this weekend, test it at work(for prep not the line) and send it off to the next guy next weekend. honestly, i was comtemplating getting a kurouchi finished itinomonn but this western stainless clad line is very impressive in person.
thanks again for doing this knerd. ill share my thoughts about its performance on monday or tuesday.

The stainless clads are pretty awesome. I have a 210 wa that is my go to home knife.

Craig, feel free to thin it out!
Thin to win baby!

This was a fun knife to drive for a little while. I compared it to a couple western 240s I have.

By weight:

Intinomonn 255g
HHH 193g
Yoshi Western SKD 255g

So a little more heft than Randy's production 240. to be expected with a clad knife. Cut smoothly through carrots with minimal wedging, a little stiction with onions. Knife does equally well with brute making big stuff into little stuff and precise dicing. Handle looks (to me) to be a little short but feels good. Overall FF very good. No frills. Very good value at the 200 and change price point.

Thanks Knerd for making this happen.

dave are you talking about it used at that price?

Whoops. Was speed reading Maxim's site last week, the 240 Wa is just over 200, the western is just over 3. Still a good value.

Thanks for the review Dave. I got a PM from rogue108 stating that he's opting out for the time being.
I assume this one is still with LOL.
Craig, did you get a chance to thin it out?

sorry, i still got it. I was waiting for the next person to get in touch or for knerd to give me instructions. i just PMed cclin about an addy. sorry for the pass around hold up guys.

ok. i didnt realize it, but the addresses and pass around order info are included in the package. knife will ship to cclin this week.

Latest posts

Back