My Lost and Found ITK

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to share this story with it's mostly happy ending.

A couple of months ago I went to visit my Dad in the Northern Neck of VA. I brought my new to me 240 ITK I had bought from a KKF member and used it heavily the 2 days I was there. I got home late on a Sunday and unpacked the car, forgetting to grab the knife which was wrapped in newspaper. I didn't realize this for a couple of days and when I went to get it out of the car it was not there:(.
Total panic sets in, my vehicle doubles as a work truck so it's pretty messy but after cleaning it out still no knife. I call my Dad to see if I left it there, he said no. I start looking around on the ground thinking it fell out - nothing. At this point I've got no idea what happened but work gets crazy and I forget about it (as much as one can forget a lost 400 dollar knife).

About three weeks go by and I am outside cleaning out my truck and this elderly neighborhood lady comes up to me holding a knife!! She says "I just found this huge knife in the gutter behind your van. I don't want to walk my dog carrying it so can I give it to you?" She is so scared of it she it holding it by the handle using only her thumb and index finger. I'm telling her its my knife that I had lost and she drops it tip first onto the sidewalk :no: damaging the tip. I pretend that's no big deal, pick up the knife and thank her profusely.

Reconstructing what happened, I think somehow the knife fell out of the truck near the end of our driveway. We were having torrential rains when I cam back and I believe it got washed into the gutter and down the street about 20 ft where thankfully it got jammed against the van's tire.

Good news tou got your blade back man! Hope the tip isnt in too bad shape...

Oh my bill. The good news is that Devin is used to seeing his knives in this condition. He once told me that his kids put his Damascus blades into the dishwasher all the time. Send it to Devin, he'll make it all shiny and pretty again.

Good thing you got on in AEB-L:doublethumbsup:

Be well,
Mikey

Back