I got an email from Hide this morning

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, I remember how awesome it was to get notice from Dr. Naka that my Shige was ready. Dr. Naka's communication is #1!

P.S. Did you customize the order in any way? The reason I ask is because your knife does not look as tall as my Yoshikane, it looks more "high-speed."

Congratulations, I remember how awesome it was to get notice from Dr. Naka that my Shige was ready. Dr. Naka's communication is #1!

P.S. Did you customize the order in any way? The reason I ask is because your knife does not look as tall as my Yoshikane, it looks more "high-speed."

No customization, I thought the same thing. Lucky for me I'm a big fan of narrow gyutos :D Most likely though it is just pictures distorting things like they always do.

Judging from the angle of the photo, I bet the knife is taller than it looks here. However, I still bet it's fairly narrow for a gyuto. I personally like this. It looks to have a very Mizuno-like torpedo profile, and I LOVE my Mizuno.

Wow! Congrats andrew. I love the contrast that gets created with cladding like this.
Can't wait to see pictures once you get it.

Back