mothers day paring knives and new makers mark

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
I am working on a batch for mothers day, I know these are a bit late, but I hope to have the first of these done on Monday.
100_1510.jpg

I also am switching from stamping to electroetching my makers mark in.
Now the parings will carry my full last name as well as all the larger knives.
This is a pic of the new mark.
100_1513.jpg
Let me know what you think.
Del

New makers mark looks nice Del!

Are these all in AEB-L?

I thought your full last name was "EALYOCTOLOPULUSTEINSKI" - I guess EALY will just work though. :tease:

Seriously, it does look good.

Actually, it used to be Von Yaley, but was changed by my great3 grandfather, when he came over through Ellis Island.
Maybe I'll get to go to Germany some day and see the area they came from.
Del

Whereabouts in Germany are your ancestors from Del?

Whereabouts in Germany are your ancestors from Del?

I can't remember, I don't know if I was ever told what part my fathers family was from.
I know on my mothers side they came from part of Germany that was given to Poland after WWII.
Now I'll have to find out.
Del

I found it very interesting trying to locate my family's roots. Enjoy the adventure!

It's an interesting part of Europe history wise. My fathers side was Prussian, his mothers side from Odessa, my mothers father was German and her mother was Quebecois.

Del,

Are these knives already spoken for? If not, I would like to purchase at least one.

Del,

Are these knives already spoken for? If not, I would like to purchase at least one.

No, they will be available as finished knives in a few days.
Thanks,
Del
I'm working on material selection and handle building today. I should have some of them glued up in a few hours.

Cant wait to see the results as always Del!

Just finished glueing up 10 of them, ran out of glue for the last one. I'll include that one in the next batch to glue.
Del

Del, would you take a deposit for one of the parers? Apologies and no worries if this is against your policy. Have heard good things about your parers and hope to get one. Thanks!

I have three of Del's parers and they are wonderful tools.

Thanks guys! Now I just need to get one :) it looks like there are 2 different lengths from the picture. Which one(s) do you have?

View attachment 23413

Here are the first two. An original with blackwood handle and a new style with a box elder burl handle.
$120 each shipped US, $130 international
The first I'll take it for each will get each.
I have more in the works, I'll be posting them as I get them finished.
Thanks,
Del

#5 seems to be the new profile. If that's the case, I will take it please. Thanks!

I would like to buy #1 if still available and if you can ship international.

I can't see these for some reason, anybody else having these problems.

Latest posts

Back