Ancient Bog Oak Carbon Dated 5460 Years Old - My Last Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Today I got the last of my Bog Oak back from getting stabilized by K&G.
This is all that I have. I will try to get more if I can but it could take a while.

These blocks were cut from a log that was carbon dated to be 5460 years old +/- 50 years. A copy of the carbon dating report will be included with each block.
These blocks were cut quarter sawn so you may see rays and flecks appear when the light hits the wood from different angles. The blocks will be a little darker than they appear in this group photo.

Ancient Bog Oak comes from old Oak trees that fell or were washed away thousands of years ago. Over the years the trees were buried in mud and sediment. The longer the wood is buried in the sediment, the darker the coloring becomes in the wood as it absorbs minerals from the sediment.

These blocks come with a no questions asked money back guarantee.
Click on the photo if you would like to see what is still available in our web store.

5460_zpsc7be5a0b.jpg

I received a good news email this morning.
There will be more Ancient Bog Oak arriving in July.
Ages will range between 3000 and 5000 years old with certificates for the different ages.

That's great Mark, I love this wood. I just don't have the funds to build a knife at the moment. Thanks for the good news, Gary.

I am excited about being able to get more from my guy in the Ukraine.
I spent years trying to find a good source that was good quality and had been carbon dated by a real lab.
Most bog oak has a lot of cracks and internal flaws.
This guy does it right so 99% of what I get from him is flawless.

Back