Hi. I'm Josh.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevilJosh

Reaction score
I am pretty new to kitchen knives. I joined this forum to learn more. Like most of you, I am primarily interested in Japanese Knives. I don't have many of them but as I learn more I hope my collection grows. I really like Chinese cleavers and nakiris. The chinese cleaver I have is a Messermeister that I got for like $40 at my local knife store. My Nakiri is a Masakage Mizu that I got from CKTG. I love that thing. I have a few others but the Masakage is my favorite.

One thing I definately hope to learn here is how to sharpen properly. I have watched a ton of youtube videos on it so hopefully I will be alright. Haha. Right now I only have a Bester stone 2000x and an Idahone ceramic rod. I haven't used the stone yet. I am having some anxiety about it. Haha. Anyways, I am happy to be here. Thanks for reading.

Welcome Josh, you came to the right place for sure :)

Do not worrry to start sharpening with the stone - just do not start with your best knife ;)

Masakage knives are not that well known around here (I have the Masakage Koishi ko-bunka and really like it). Should you feel like it that a few photos and short review of the Masakage Nakiri would definitely be appreciated (there is a Review section).

Have fun!

Welcome.

Take your time and enjoy the learn. Few sharpening errors are irreparable.

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain

Welcome to KKF! Enjoy your stay!

Latest posts

Back