dull looking desert iron wood what to do

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt79

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have two nenox desert iron wood knives that have been extensively used in a professional environment
The handles are starting to look a bit dull and faded and I was hoping that some of you could give me some advice on how to get them back to their original state
thanks matt

I've seen board wax recommended. The same stuff you would use on your cutting board.

2500 grit wet/dry, and a power buff with board wax.

Automotive sandpaper then micromesh polishing pads. Then buff with mineral oil or do a few coats of Tru oil.

Automotive sandpaper then micromesh polishing pads. Then buff with mineral oil or do a few coats of Tru oil.

This.

I did this exact thing a few days ago with a dessert ironwood handle and it came up better than new.

thanks for the advice guys i`ll give it shot on my next day off and let you know how it worked out
thanks

Went with theorys advice turned out really nice good as new thanks a lot man

I like natural Watco oil on knife handles. For a shine, you could use Formby oil finish. The Formby is a wiping varnish.

Yeah I have some before and after pics but still havent quite got the hang of how to upload pics from my phone

I like natural Watco oil on knife handles. For a shine, you could use Formby oil finish. The Formby is a wiping varnish.

Agree on the Watco---works much better than Tru Oil for me.

Back