Quantcast
Suisin Event / Korin Renovation
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suisin Event / Korin Renovation

Suisin Event / Korin Renovation

Hi everyone!
    Sorry I am been missing in action. Korin is currently under renovation and things have been super crazy (in my personal life too). We tore out the floor and put in new nice tile floors, so the wooden floor isn't raised and uneven anymore. We are also building a cat walk and adding more space above for more tableware and kitchenware.

Even more exciting for knife enthusiasts, we are getting new knife cabinets soon!! (FINALLY. I hate those knife cabinets so much.) If you came/come to the Korin showroom you'll see that we only have knives on one side of the store. People keep asking me when renovations will be done... I have considered this:

Because I'm really not sure. We were supposed to be done in April, but we clearly have a long way to go.

Now on to news about our RIDICULOUS Suisin event...
    ...And when I say ridiculous... I mean RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. I'm so excited about this event.

Dates: June 14 to June 16
    Times: 2pm to 5pm

I know many of you guys know Suisin, but here is an introduction for those who do not:

In 1990, Junro Aoki realized his dream by establishing the Knife System Company and creating the Suisin brand collection. As the second son of the Aoki Knife Craft family, he was eager to step apart from his family to create his own cherished knife brand. He spent his youth learning his craft, the young and energetic knife craftsman dreamed of someday creating knives that would combine the traditional qualities of Sakai-style knife-crafting techniques with more modern designs. Since the beginning, Korin has worked closely with Knife Systems and we have helped one another bloom into the companies they are today. Before Korinís Knife Master Sugai became an apprentice of Japanís top sharpening Master Mizuyama, President Aoki taught Sugai how to sharpen knives for several years. Nowadays, Suisin brand knives are found in professional kitchens worldwide and are highly recognized for their work with renowned blacksmiths such as Keijiro Doi and Yoshikazu Ikeda. As Sugaiís original teacher and one of Korinís trusted companies, we are thrilled to announce that we will be celebrating Suisinís 25th anniversary this June. We hope you will join us for this grand anniversary to meet Knife Systemís founder and president for the companyís first event at Korin.

To celebrate Suisin's 25th anniversary, Suisin have generously contributed to our event.

During the event:
    • Meet and greet Suisin's founder and president, Junro Aoki.
    • Sharpening demonstration and raffle every hour. (In-store ONLY)
    • 15% off all Suisin knives (Online & in-store)
    • Free knife sharpening by Mr. Aoki for every Suisin knife purchased. (Online & in-store)
    • FREE Suisin bread/ham knife for EVERY Suisin product purchased only while supplies last.
      (Online & in-store)
    • Raffling off a raw knife forged by Keijiro Doi, Suisin Wa-knives, and a secret GRAND PRIZE at the end of the event. (In-store ONLY)
    • Cake on the last day of the event.
    • And potentially more unconfirmed surprises!

What else do you get in-store?
    For purchases of $1000+ (not including tax) in Suisin products:
    • A free bread/ham knife AND
    • A choice of:
      - 255mm Funayuki Momiji
      - 300mm Yanagi Inox Honyaki Limited
      - 270mm Suisin Gyutou Special Inox

For purchases of $1500+ (not including tax) in Suisin Products:
    • A free bread/ham knife AND
    • A choice of:
      - 300mm Yanagi Hayate
      - 270mm Kiritsuke Hayate
      - 210mm Funyuki Damascus
      - 300mm Yanagi Aoniko Damascus

**** ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST IN-STORES.

Schedule for 6/14 & 6/15
    2:30pm - Sharpening Demo & Raffle
    3:30pm - Sharpening Demo & Raffle
    4:30pm - Q&A + Sharpening Demo & Raffle

Schedule for 6/16
    2:30pm - Sharpening Demo & 1 Raw Knife by Kejiro Doi Raffle
    3:30pm - Sharpening Demo & Raffle
    4:00pm - CAKE
    4:30pm - Q&A + Sharpening Demo & Raffle

Is Mari doing anything for KKF?
    I'm trying to see if I can get an extra Keijiro Doi raw knife or something to raffle off online.

Thanks for reading!

Oh man, I would like to be there in person. I'm just a little too far away to drop in though
    Len

I wish you could make it too! D: Hopefully I can get something together strictly for KKF.

Very nice, especially the in-store deals, Im only a continent away though

Wow! I would actually fly out for this. Except I'm graduating from my grad program on the 14th haha! This is awesome though. It'd be the perfect time for me to buy a Hayate too. I think you should have an event in September instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gavination View Post
    Wow! I would actually fly out for this. Except I'm graduating from my grad program on the 14th haha! This is awesome though. It'd be the perfect time for me to buy a Hayate too. I think you should have an event in September instead.
    Congratulations on graduating!! That's very exciting.

Super bummed you can't make it out, but we will host plenty more events so stay posted! I think we will have another event in September actually. I'll let you guys know when its confirmed.

do you have any pictures of the ham knife?

Wow, this sounds awesome! Would even a newbie like myself be welcome to this event?

Quote Originally Posted by lanel View Post
    do you have any pictures of the ham knife?
    My guess is that this is the one: http://korin.com/Suisin-Inox-Bread-Knife_2

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    I wish you could make it too! D: Hopefully I can get something together strictly for KKF.
    Korin has treated us well in the past. I believe it was for the 2008 ECG when Ms. Kawano opened the shop up to a bunch of KF folks who were in town for the ECG. We were given Sake and finger food. She even swapped Master Sugai's day off so he could be there on Friday to show us the downstairs shop and answer our questions. The show cases were unlocked for us to check out the goods. I believe were also given a 15% discount for that weekend

My point is Korin always does a good job putting together nice events regardless of who's attending.