Suisin Event / Korin Renovation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Sorry I am been missing in action. Korin is currently under renovation and things have been super crazy (in my personal life too). We tore out the floor and put in new nice tile floors, so the wooden floor isn't raised and uneven anymore. We are also building a cat walk and adding more space above for more tableware and kitchenware.

1900069_10152197634609304_1605302772_n.jpg

Even more exciting for knife enthusiasts, we are getting new knife cabinets soon!! (FINALLY. I hate those knife cabinets so much.) If you came/come to the Korin showroom you'll see that we only have knives on one side of the store. People keep asking me when renovations will be done... I have considered this:

137794435249028.jpg

Because I'm really not sure. We were supposed to be done in April, but we clearly have a long way to go.

Now on to news about our RIDICULOUS Suisin event...
...And when I say ridiculous... I mean RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. I'm so excited about this event.

Dates: June 14 to June 16
Times: 2pm to 5pm

I know many of you guys know Suisin, but here is an introduction for those who do not:

In 1990, Junro Aoki realized his dream by establishing the Knife System Company and creating the Suisin brand collection. As the second son of the Aoki Knife Craft family, he was eager to step apart from his family to create his own cherished knife brand. He spent his youth learning his craft, the young and energetic knife craftsman dreamed of someday creating knives that would combine the traditional qualities of Sakai-style knife-crafting techniques with more modern designs. Since the beginning, Korin has worked closely with Knife Systems and we have helped one another bloom into the companies they are today. Before Korin’s Knife Master Sugai became an apprentice of Japan’s top sharpening Master Mizuyama, President Aoki taught Sugai how to sharpen knives for several years. Nowadays, Suisin brand knives are found in professional kitchens worldwide and are highly recognized for their work with renowned blacksmiths such as Keijiro Doi and Yoshikazu Ikeda. As Sugai’s original teacher and one of Korin’s trusted companies, we are thrilled to announce that we will be celebrating Suisin’s 25th anniversary this June. We hope you will join us for this grand anniversary to meet Knife System’s founder and president for the company’s first event at Korin.

To celebrate Suisin's 25th anniversary, Suisin have generously contributed to our event.

During the event:
  • Meet and greet Suisin's founder and president, Junro Aoki.
  • Sharpening demonstration and raffle every hour. (In-store ONLY)
  • 15% off all Suisin knives (Online & in-store)
  • Free knife sharpening by Mr. Aoki for every Suisin knife purchased. (Online & in-store)
  • FREE Suisin bread/ham knife for EVERY Suisin product purchased only while supplies last.
    (Online & in-store)
  • Raffling off a raw knife forged by Keijiro Doi, Suisin Wa-knives, and a secret GRAND PRIZE at the end of the event. (In-store ONLY)
  • Cake on the last day of the event.
  • And potentially more unconfirmed surprises!

What else do you get in-store?
For purchases of $1000+ (not including tax) in Suisin products:
  • A free bread/ham knife AND
  • A choice of:
    - 255mm Funayuki Momiji
    - 300mm Yanagi Inox Honyaki Limited
    - 270mm Suisin Gyutou Special Inox

For purchases of $1500+ (not including tax) in Suisin Products:
  • A free bread/ham knife AND
  • A choice of:
    - 300mm Yanagi Hayate
    - 270mm Kiritsuke Hayate
    - 210mm Funyuki Damascus
    - 300mm Yanagi Aoniko Damascus
**** ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST IN-STORES.

Schedule for 6/14 & 6/15
2:30pm - Sharpening Demo & Raffle
3:30pm - Sharpening Demo & Raffle
4:30pm - Q&A + Sharpening Demo & Raffle

Schedule for 6/16
2:30pm - Sharpening Demo & 1 Raw Knife by Kejiro Doi Raffle
3:30pm - Sharpening Demo & Raffle
4:00pm - CAKE
4:30pm - Q&A + Sharpening Demo & Raffle

Is Mari doing anything for KKF?
I'm trying to see if I can get an extra Keijiro Doi raw knife or something to raffle off online. :)

Thanks for reading!

Oh man, I would like to be there in person. I'm just a little too far away to drop in though :)

I wish you could make it too! D: Hopefully I can get something together strictly for KKF.

Very nice, especially the in-store deals, Im only a continent away though :)

Wow! I would actually fly out for this. Except I'm graduating from my grad program on the 14th haha! This is awesome though. It'd be the perfect time for me to buy a Hayate too. I think you should have an event in September instead. ;)

Wow! I would actually fly out for this. Except I'm graduating from my grad program on the 14th haha! This is awesome though. It'd be the perfect time for me to buy a Hayate too. I think you should have an event in September instead. ;)

Congratulations on graduating!! That's very exciting.

Super bummed you can't make it out, but we will host plenty more events so stay posted! I think we will have another event in September actually. I'll let you guys know when its confirmed. :)

do you have any pictures of the ham knife?

Wow, this sounds awesome! Would even a newbie like myself be welcome to this event? :dontknow:

I wish you could make it too! D: Hopefully I can get something together strictly for KKF.

Korin has treated us well in the past. I believe it was for the 2008 ECG when Ms. Kawano opened the shop up to a bunch of KF folks who were in town for the ECG. We were given Sake and finger food. She even swapped Master Sugai's day off so he could be there on Friday to show us the downstairs shop and answer our questions. The show cases were unlocked for us to check out the goods. I believe were also given a 15% discount for that weekend

My point is Korin always does a good job putting together nice events regardless of who's attending.

(For purchases of $1000+ (not including tax) in Suisin products:

A free bread/ham knife AND
A choice of:
- 255mm Funayuki Momiji
- 300mm Yanagi Inox Honyaki Limited)

Anyone have info or a link to the "limited"?

Like my Inox honyaki deba, love my hayate yanagi, drool over my bosses dream craft western inox yanagi. Gona paypall a proxy.... nothing unethical about that right?

Hi mary, Question: purchase $1000 or $1500 for 1 single item? Or can be combine? Thanks. Best regards.

Wow, this sounds awesome! Would even a newbie like myself be welcome to this event? :dontknow:

Yes everyone is welcome!! I would absolutely love for you to attend the event. Please say hello if you do! :)

Korin has treated us well in the past. I believe it was for the 2008 ECG when Ms. Kawano opened the shop up to a bunch of KF folks who were in town for the ECG. We were given Sake and finger food. She even swapped Master Sugai's day off so he could be there on Friday to show us the downstairs shop and answer our questions. The show cases were unlocked for us to check out the goods. I believe were also given a 15% discount for that weekend

My point is Korin always does a good job putting together nice events regardless of who's attending.

If KKF members are interested Saori (Kawano) offered to set up a pre-event lunch with the Suisin president. I offered a few years ago with the Masamoto and Misono president, but if anyone would like to join us for lunch, we would love to have people.

Did you attend in 2008? :)

(For purchases of $1000+ (not including tax) in Suisin products:

A free bread/ham knife AND
A choice of:
- 255mm Funayuki Momiji
- 300mm Yanagi Inox Honyaki Limited)

Anyone have info or a link to the "limited"?

Like my Inox honyaki deba, love my hayate yanagi, drool over my bosses dream craft western inox yanagi. Gona paypall a proxy.... nothing unethical about that right?

We're in the process of taking pictures of the knives to be given away. I will post them here when they are ready. :)

Hi mary, Question: purchase $1000 or $1500 for 1 single item? Or can be combine? Thanks. Best regards.

Combined purchase of $1000 or $1500 worth of Suisin products. It has to be Suisin products, so other brand products will not count. :)

Thanks Mari, maybe I'll be there too on the event day...

I will try to be there on Fridays.
Probably gonna buy a Suisin inox honyaki gyuto that I always want to try.

Awesome! Please say hello. :) But just so you know the event starts on June 14th (saturday) and going on til June 16 (monday).

If KKF members are interested Saori (Kawano) offered to set up a pre-event lunch with the Suisin president. I offered a few years ago with the Masamoto and Misono president, but if anyone would like to join us for lunch, we would love to have people.

Did you attend in 2008? :)

Yes, I was showing 3 KF members who flew in for the ECG around the city that day. I think it was Jackie (ex-Korin employee) who got wind of the visit and arrange the KF shindig for us.

Yes, I was showing 3 KF members who flew in for the ECG around the city that day. I think it was Jackie (ex-Korin employee) who got wind of the visit and arrange the KF shindig for us.

That's awesome! That you for coming. :) Oh yes, Jackie comes by Korin a lot and says hello. I never had the pleasure of working with her but she is super nice.

Here are the knives for the Suisin event! :)

Purchase any Suisin knife and receive (IN-STORE AND ONLINE)
HSU-INBRH-250-RGIFT_SS.jpg

http://korin.com/Suisin-Bread-Ham-Knife-250mm

Purchase of $1000 in Suisin products to receive (IN-STORE ONLY)

Suisin Momiji Funayuki
HSU-MJFU-225-RGIFT_SS.jpg

http://korin.com/Suisin-Momiji-Funayuki

OR

Suisin Special Inox Gyutou
HSU-SIBGY_SS.jpg

http://korin.com/Suisin-Special-Inox-Gyutou-270mm

OR

Suisin Hayate Kizuna Hayate
HSU-HAKZKI-270-RGIFT_SS.jpg

korin.com/Suisin-Hayate-Kizuna-kiritsuke

OR

Suisin Hayate Kizuna Yanagi
HSU-HAKZYA-300-RGIFT_SS.jpg

http://korin.com/Suisin-Hayate-Kizuna-Yanagi

Purchase $1500 in Suisin products to receive (IN-STORE ONLY)

Suisin Blue Steel #2 Damascus Kengata Yanagi
HSU-SP-11GIFT_SS.jpg

http://korin.com/Suisin-Blue-Steel-2-Damascus-Yanagi-300mm

OR

Suisin Ginryu Momiji Damascus Funayuki
HSU-SP-10-GIFT_SS.jpg

http://korin.com/Suisin-Ginryu-Momiji-Damascus-Funayuki-210mm

OR

Suisin Inox Honyaki Yanagi [LIMITED EDITION]
HSU-SP-09GIFT_SS.jpg

http://korin.com/Suisin-Inox-Honyaki-Yanagi-300mm-LIMITED-EDITION

We have very few of each, so it will be on a first come first serve basis. Please note that in the event that we have any left over from this event, we may offer it for our online customers.

Thank you for reading! :) I hope to see you at the event!

Do you have to be present at the end of the event to be eligible for the secret grand prize? Or is it fine if you come another day? / When are the drawings for the raffles?

Do you have to be present at the end of the event to be eligible for the secret grand prize? Or is it fine if you come another day? / When are the drawings for the raffles?

Hi Wisew,
Yes, please be present at the time of the event. We will not count the raffle ticket if the winner is not there.

Hi Wisew,
Yes, please be present at the time of the event. We will not count the raffle ticket if the winner is not there.

Is there a raffle drawing every hour? Or are all the drawings done at the end?

did the special offer knives switch around a bit? The yanagi was a $1000 purchase giveaway if I'm not mistaken but I can see why it'd be in the other category.

did the special offer knives switch around a bit? The yanagi was a $1000 purchase giveaway if I'm not mistaken but I can see why it'd be in the other category.

Yea the offers had to switch around a bit because of how much they are worth at retail. Sorry about that.

Back