• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 210~220mm workhorse

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikz

Reaction score
Well, after a bit of thinking (a lot of thinking) I'm considering to buy myself a workhorse style blade for home use. This workhorse shouldn't be a wedge monster btw. Specifically thinking of a Yoshikane SLD/SKD/V2 or Watanabe blue #2. If someone has a Shig Kasumi or a Kato lying around, you can contact me as well, and we'll see if the price is OK for me.

Not looking for korouchi or tsuchime (hammered) finished blades. Also prefer a knife without a custom handle because I want to get the prospective blade rehandled by Mikey from Honu Mana wa handles before it's send to the Netherlands.

Just for clarification, 220mm is the absolute maximum blade length for me.

While not exactly a workhorse, but I have Tanaka R2 in damascus 210mm gyuto in B/S/T and I am located in Germany - so no import duties. Let me know if you are interested.

P.S. - Did you think of kasumi (stainless clad V2) Itinomonn?

Thanks Matus, but I have a Kono coming my way to handle the laser-end of my home cooking set, now only a wa-workhorse left to add.

I have thought of an Itonomonn, but I prefer wa over western.

Also a US based knife has my preference so it can be sent to Mike for rehandling. I cant do that myself.

Your'e welcome Erik. BTW - Itinomonn is available in kasumi finish both with wa and western style handle. And by available I mean available now :) (and the price is very reasonable)

But there is nothing wrong getting a Shiggie or Kato. I would not mind getting one myself, not at all :D

Thanks for pointing this one out, I missed it.

Got myself a Kato, on its way to me now. Thanks for the pointer jigert!

You're welcome erikz! Let us know how it works, I was actually really tempted to get it myself but it wasn't meant to be this time.

You're welcome erikz! Let us know how it works, I was actually really tempted to get it myself but it wasn't meant to be this time.

Me too. Thought about it too long I think. Congrats erikz.

Back