Quantcast
Blade Show 2014 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blade Show 2014

I also noticed that the new Ken Onion line has been contracted out to a different maker. Went from Lamson to a company connected with Fox of Italy. They said they are being made in the U.S. so that would mean right here in Washington State.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I totally forgot Ken Onion was going to be there. I missed his stuff, but not on purpose.
    I did not visit Shun or Cutco.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Shun was kitchen knife of the year. Surprise. Somehow missed Onion.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    I also noticed that the new Ken Onion line has been contracted out to a different maker. Went from Lamson to a company connected with Fox of Italy. They said they are being made in the U.S. so that would mean right here in Washington State.
    Mikey Vellekamp of Fox Knives USA has taken over production of the Ken Onions. They are offering both a water cooled and air cooled series. The production and QC is being handled in Washington.
    Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it...

Not sure if Ken had a table or booth. Rain Knives did. Ken is a friend of mine and we had an interesting conversation about his part in the history of Shun knives and why they came to be. Some people here tend to be too hard on him.

Turns out the gentleman who did the sword demo is Mr. James Williams, who is fairly well known in the combat blade community. I was most impressed with the way he cut the tatami, seemingly almost without effort. It's the same kind of impression I get from watching an experienced and talented chef do some knife work.

The Takeda guys were great. It seemed to really make their day to see one of their products come out of Chris' knife roll.

The show was big, and crowded. Atlanta traffic sucks. Damn, I want to go back next year!
    Another day, another band aid.

LOL They call it the Onion knife because it's so dull the onions always make you cry. I wish Takeda would come to California.