D. Martell My 1st Dave made wa-handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
OK so it's not in the same league as Marko & Stefan (almost primitive compared to their work) but it's mine and it's my 1st so I'm proud of it anyway. :)

The handle is red dyed curly maple (scored from Stefan) with a black(ish) some kind of wood ferrule with a thin black spacer between them. The curly maple has such brilliant movement in person and looks so blah in the pics - hey what can you do.

The stock handle is shown for comparison.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1010023.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Well well, aren't you the busy boy!

That's not pink, it's light red.
There is a big difference......I think?
Looks really good to me.

Oh boy, I'm slacking a bit and already Dave makes his own handles. Dave, as soon as you learn what the different woods are, I'll be doomed :tease:

But it's nice, I like the roundish ones, they can feel great in the hand. And the maple looks like it came out nice also. So, you need more wood for wa-handles? :evilgrin:

Stefan

No way, I have no intention to start making wa-handles especially those octagon ones. No thank you! :)

i don't know who this Dave Made guy is, but tell him that his handle looks nice. i bet it's comfy in the hand.

Latest posts

Back