Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chef- The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Still, I get your point Chris. I have to work hard to get over any movie portraying musicians. Usually it's the fake emoting with the pianists and violinists. Sometimes it's blazing technique that gets highlighted because music is all about the gymnastics not real depth. There were about two seconds of music in, of all things, in the fabulous baker boys where the depressed one snippets some great ballad music.

(BTW, my daughter says Scrubs is the show doctors watch.)
    For me it's technology movies...don't even get me started on Johnny Mnemonic. Ughhh.....I have gotten much better the past few years at just relaxing and enjoying the film on its own terms though.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    (BTW, my daughter says Scrubs is the show doctors watch.)
    My wife is a doctor and liked watching Children's Hospital. It was basically a medical comedy making fun of medical dramas and shot on the same location as Scrubs. It was pretty funny.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    really? Its a light hearted comedy. And it portrayed the chef profession in a positive light for the most part. Loosen up, it was a fun film.
    Totally agree with you and I liked the movie just for entertainment value. Pick any subject and or profession and make a really true to life movie about it. Odds are it will be too boring to make any money in the theater. There is a reason virtually all women in movies are hot.