Quantcast
KMG shoppers guide? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KMG shoppers guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Colin, also take a look at the TW-90, this one's getting some rave reviews.

http://www.twuertz.com/
    It's basically two grinders in one - vertical and horizontal. I have it and love it, to tell the truth. It was a bit pricier then from KMG and Bader, but I use it for knives, handles and sayas, so it wasn't difficult for me to justify the purchase.

Travis keeps coming with modifications and new attachments. Latest is a surface grinding attachment. I don't think I will be buying it, but it looks very impressive.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I just got a flyer in my order from Tru-Grit that is for a new slick grinder design by Hardcore called the Maximizer. Looks like a mix-mash of few grinders all put together - goes vertical and horizontal and offers small wheel changeup from 1/4" - 2 7/8"

Wow, that surface grinder looks really cool.

Is the lesson here that real knifemakers make their own grinders?

I just got a flyer in my order from Tru-Grit that is for a new slick grinder design by Hardcore called the Maximizer. Looks like a mix-mash of few grinders all put together - goes vertical and horizontal and offers small wheel changeup from 1/4" - 2 7/8"
    What's the price on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    What's the price on that one?

The flyer is one of those company printed jobbies without pricing. I checked Tru-Grit's site and don't see it listed and can't find anything on it anywhere. I searched Hardcore Maximizer but all I get is info on buff guys tanning oil.

The flyer is one of those company printed jobbies without pricing. I checked Tru-Grit's site and don't see it listed and can't find anything on it anywhere. I searched Hardcore Maximizer but all I get is info on buff guys tanning oil.
    Same here. Tanning oil.
    Chris told me he is going to carry Norton ceramic up to 1200 grit, but in about 6 months time.

M

They've got a great line up even in my 2x48 size.

I got to use the bader and hardcore grinders at a class with Howard Clark earlier this year. The bader is a great grinder that is easily comparible to the kmg. It seemed to run faster than my setup on 100% (vfd) which was nice. The hardcore (non maximizer, tanning lotion model) is no where near as versatile but was sooooo quiet. I bet you could listen to your ipod instead of using hearing protection like the other models. I would really like to own one as my "bevels only grinder"

Marko, I found Hardcore's website but the new grinder is nowhere to be seen.

http://www.hardcore-products.com/section.php?xSec=11

+ Reply to Thread