Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Carter funayuki (WA or western)

WTB: Carter funayuki (WA or western)

So - I have decided to get myself a Carter funayuki - it was just a question of time anyhow

So - what am I after:
    - blade of 160 - 180 mm
    - blade height not more than 45mm, just enough for the knuckle clearance (40 mm seems enough on my WA handled ko-bunka)
    - stianless clad blade, not a KU
    - the knife should be a great slicer (aren't they all?) with good food release.
    - no damage, usage marks are OK as long as the knife has been taken care for.
    - WA or western handle (does not have to be original)

I actually had 2 offers already, but I just thought - let's see what is out there. This is going to be my 'go to' knife for many kitchen tasks, so I would like it to be 'the one'.
    So - show me what you've got

Congrats on the offers; I put out a WTB a while back and got no bites. Good luck.

Hey there's one left on knives ship free. I've got the same one but with olive wood and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by bbonham07 View Post
    Hey there's one left on knives ship free. I've got the same one but with olive wood and I love it!
    There indeed is one (actually two) there, I just wish for slightly more belly. Something like HERE

Yeah, looking at it compared to that and mine it looks thinner.

So - back from Italy - I already miss the food. Any nice Carter funayuki to cheer me up?

OK - there have been some development. Soon this brand new Carter should be on its way to its new owner ... me I hope to have it in around 2 weeks. Review will follow shortly after. For now just the size: length 170mm, height at the heel: 47mm. And yes - I really like that wild purple-red handle

Big thanks goes to Taylor from Curter Cuttlery for his help. Let me just say - it was worth subscribing to "Free Knife Care Tips" from Mr. Carter.

P.S. There is more where this baby came from ...

white steel in stainless cladding? How thick is it?

No, not stainless. KU from carter is Gokunan-tetsu. Thickness should be under 2mm.

I've read somewhere that that Gukunan-something can come in both stainless or carbon. Anyway, nice looking knife
    Congratulations and waiting for review!