• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Carter funayuki (WA or western)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
So - I have decided to get myself a Carter funayuki - it was just a question of time anyhow :)

So - what am I after:
- blade of 160 - 180 mm
- blade height not more than 45mm, just enough for the knuckle clearance (40 mm seems enough on my WA handled ko-bunka)
- stianless clad blade, not a KU
- the knife should be a great slicer (aren't they all?) with good food release.
- no damage, usage marks are OK as long as the knife has been taken care for.
- WA or western handle (does not have to be original)

I actually had 2 offers already, but I just thought - let's see what is out there. This is going to be my 'go to' knife for many kitchen tasks, so I would like it to be 'the one'.
So - show me what you've got :knife:

Congrats on the offers; I put out a WTB a while back and got no bites. Good luck.

Hey there's one left on knives ship free. I've got the same one but with olive wood and I love it!

So - back from Italy - I already miss the food. Any nice Carter funayuki to cheer me up? :D

OK - there have been some development. Soon this brand new Carter should be on its way to its new owner ... me :happy1: I hope to have it in around 2 weeks. Review will follow shortly after. For now just the size: length 170mm, height at the heel: 47mm. And yes - I really like that wild purple-red handle :)

Big thanks goes to Taylor from Curter Cuttlery for his help. Let me just say - it was worth subscribing to "Free Knife Care Tips" from Mr. Carter.

14253445744_7ebaac87ee_c.jpg

P.S. There is more where this baby came from ...

I've read somewhere that that Gukunan-something can come in both stainless or carbon. Anyway, nice looking knife :)
Congratulations and waiting for review!

Stainless kurouchi from Carter - I did not know he does that. But it would be surprise for me if it were stainless on mine - if you check Carter's webpage now he lists several new kitchen knives and none of the KU ones are explicitly described as stainless-clad.

Fukugo-zai is stainless clad white steel. Nice looking KU Carter - congrats. I have two KU Carters and they are just stupid sharp knives.

Let me rephrase that - the High Grade and International Pro are stainless clad as well, but I have never heard of Carter doing a KU finish on stainless cladding before. It would probably look killer though.

Back