Sometimes It's a Tough Job

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Every once a while I get a slab that I really hate to cut up. Here we go again. This is a nice big hunk of Black Nargusta Eye Burl: it doesn't get any better than this. The eyes on this are truly amazing all the way through. It's going to be tough to cut this up and I'll probably keep a couple of pieces for myself. You never know when a new knife might come into your life that needs new shoes. This piece measures about 8"x7"x2.5" so there'll be a good number of blanks to spread around. It's dry and ready to go, just need to get to that bandsaw. That first cut's going to be a bi*ch.

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you cut it in half thickness-wise, you'd have a couple of great small cheese boards. Just sayin'........

If this were divided into cheeseboards, how much would they be sold for?

I was just kidding with the cheese boards. These are destined to go for knife handles.

As a musician, I see exotic guitar tops. :) At least if they were longer. I guess you could make a tiny guitar top. LOL

Nice score - I think I had marked that piece also, just for fun. I guess, whenever I plan on really buying something, I should double check with you ;)

Stefan

Back