5/14 New Stabilized Blocks - Franquette Walnut, Oregon Maple Burl & Hawaiian Mango

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I got another batch of stabilized blocks from K&G yesterday.
As I get the new pieces cleaned up and added to our web store I will post a group photo here.
If they look interesting to you, just click on the photo to see what is still available in the store.

All of the wood in our web store comes with a no questions asked, money back guarantee.
Free US shipping. International shipping is a flat rate of $20 for your order or free if your order is over $100.
Forum Members can get a 10% discount by entering the lower case letters forum where it asks for a promotional code during checkout.

The first pieces are Franquette Walnut that was cut from a crotch. I got this wood from a fellow who is a supplier of better quality gun stock material.

These blocks were cut from a standing dead Maple. That is why the colors are so different from what is normal with Oregon Maple Burl. The block in the lower right hand corner is there as a reference to show what is the normal color.

AAHH ! "Franquette Walnuts" = "The English Walnut / AKA The Carpathian" Very Nice Wood Sir ! Just a Bit of History of the Poor Walnut yet it's Beauty is abound in the wood and the Taste in the simple Nut that it encases .
[h=3][/h]

Back