D. Martell Moving Shop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
We're going to be moving out of our current location by the end of May. Please hold off on sending any knives in for work until after we have our new shop set up. I'll post when it's time to go live again.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Dave

Moving sucks. You already know though.

We'll remain open for online orders (stones, etc) during the move. Since we use a west coast warehouse to ship our products our move here won't affect the timely processing of orders. Just sayin' :D

Thanks for all the well wishes and support!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Just checking in - how is it going? Found a place? All packed up?

Stefan

Just checking in - how is it going? Found a place? All packed up?

Stefan

We found a place - didn't work out, found another - same thing, put a bid on a HUD home - haven't heard anything, still looking! We're currently packing to put it all into storage and hope to have something to move to soon. It's pretty much a sucky situation right now. Thanks for asking though. :)

You want me to look for a place near me? Actually there is an empty lot right next door for sale.
Would you like to be my neighbor?
Del

Hey, I can also look. If I am lucky, I might find a 4/3/2 house plus some shop space in a decent area for under $1.5 Million :) And for those of you who think I am joking about the price - I am not... But I hope something good will come up soon for you and the family, Dave.

Stefan

Hey, I can also look. If I am lucky, I might find a 4/3/2 house plus some shop space in a decent area for under $1.5 Million :) And for those of you who think I am joking about the price - I am not... But I hope something good will come up soon for you and the family, Dave.

Stefan

I couldn't afford a raft in HI

Huhu, anybody home? How are things? Hope you found something and are in the middle of setting up!

Stefan

Dave seems to be off the grid (I did not try to call him though) - I guess that means 'very busy'.

Dave - I hope you will find some nice place.

Hope so too, but mostly for the selfish reason that I paid him for some work. Now I feel guilty.

Starting to get a little worried here, has anybody seen or heard anything from Dave lately? I did not call. Yet, because I thought if he moved, he may not have the phone going, yet, but will try tomorrow.

Stefan

Havent seen any activity either haha. Maybe hes over us lol..

I don't think he's just going to take a bunch of money from folks and then just disappear, but stranger and more depressing things have happened.

That never crossed my mind - not worried about money but about the well-being of Dave and his family. Last I knew, Dave had to move out but had not yet secured a new suitable place, yet, so he may be somewhere living out of suitcases with limited web access. And it's not like Fleetwood, PA, has a lot of Internet Cafes.... Hope things will work out well and he'll be back on track soon.

Stefan

I don't think he's just going to take a bunch of money from folks and then just disappear, but stranger and more depressing things have happened.

I hadn't even thought of that, thanks a lot.:sad0: I've paid for a sharpening lesson, which he cancelled once and I cancelled once, then the move. In all of our emails he was very concerned and wanted to make sure I was OK with the changes so I am still not that concerned. I just thought he's really, really, preoccupied with the move and everything else that goes with that.

I am going to continue to think happy thoughts until I hear otherwise.:wink:

Unless there's an aliens invasion in Fleetwood, I think it's pretty safe to just wait till Dave could sort everything out.

I am not surprised that he does not have time to browse around when he has so much on his hands. I only hope he is doing fine - that is all that matters now. It would be great if anybody around here had the chance to check up on him.

I'm guessing he and his family are living out of suitcases and he may be somewhere where he does not have an internet connection, or has to wait a week or two to get a connection installed. The knife business is Dave's livelihood -- he is as far from a 'take the money and run' kinda guy as you can get. I hope he can secure good living arrangements for his family, and then work on getting a shop back up and running.

I spoke with Dave a few days ago. He's as you guys expressed very busy. Still looking for a shop. I'm sure he will check in one of these days and be up and running before you know it.

I was beginning to think Fleetwood, PA was "Under the Dome".

Here's hoping he finally finds something that suits his needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back