Quantcast
Moving Shop - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving Shop

I don't think he's just going to take a bunch of money from folks and then just disappear, but stranger and more depressing things have happened.

That never crossed my mind - not worried about money but about the well-being of Dave and his family. Last I knew, Dave had to move out but had not yet secured a new suitable place, yet, so he may be somewhere living out of suitcases with limited web access. And it's not like Fleetwood, PA, has a lot of Internet Cafes.... Hope things will work out well and he'll be back on track soon.

Stefan

WE MISS YOU DAVE!!!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    I don't think he's just going to take a bunch of money from folks and then just disappear, but stranger and more depressing things have happened.
    I hadn't even thought of that, thanks a lot. I've paid for a sharpening lesson, which he cancelled once and I cancelled once, then the move. In all of our emails he was very concerned and wanted to make sure I was OK with the changes so I am still not that concerned. I just thought he's really, really, preoccupied with the move and everything else that goes with that.

I am going to continue to think happy thoughts until I hear otherwise.

Unless there's an aliens invasion in Fleetwood, I think it's pretty safe to just wait till Dave could sort everything out.

I am not surprised that he does not have time to browse around when he has so much on his hands. I only hope he is doing fine - that is all that matters now. It would be great if anybody around here had the chance to check up on him.

I'm guessing he and his family are living out of suitcases and he may be somewhere where he does not have an internet connection, or has to wait a week or two to get a connection installed. The knife business is Dave's livelihood -- he is as far from a 'take the money and run' kinda guy as you can get. I hope he can secure good living arrangements for his family, and then work on getting a shop back up and running.

I spoke with Dave a few days ago. He's as you guys expressed very busy. Still looking for a shop. I'm sure he will check in one of these days and be up and running before you know it.

I was beginning to think Fleetwood, PA was "Under the Dome".

Here's hoping he finally finds something that suits his needs!