New member from Australia~

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazy112

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been around the forum for a while, just registered to say hi.

I like to thank those posts that helped me a lot on knowledges on kitchen knives.

I have got hiromoto AS 270 Gyuto at first, try to use as my work knife. (cutting sushi rolls mostly), it was really really great, then found it too long to my small board space, then I got a masamoto VG 240 Gyuto.

The length for the masamoto 240 gyuto is fine, but just doesn't feel right. So finally, I sharpened my old 240 german chef's knife and keep using it. The blade of gyuto seems more straight than chef's knife. Maybe because I was used to rock cutting, and don't feel right when use gyuto to rock cut.

However, the 270 hiromoto AS, found it perfect to use at home, and looks beautiful when the dark edge builds up.

Welcome to KKF

The flatter profile of a Gyuto can take a little getting used to, but once you do you won't look back!

I sharpened my 240gyuto a little bit yesterday, and it cuts through cucumber like cutting nothing! Will use more,I'm sure will get used to.

Hi!
Welcome to the forum.
Me also a newbie for this site and just joined this forum.
It's a good place for the discussion. Hope we will enjoy our stay at this forum.

Back