Quantcast
Stainless Petty recommendations - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stainless Petty recommendations

I'd agree with Erilyn here. Among all the 150mm petties that I've tried so far, Fujiwara seems to be the best beater.

Another good stainless contender is Tanaka: they comes in both VG10 and G3. I have only tried Tanaka with WA handles, but there are also western handles available. Yet for the wife I'd choose Fujiwara over Tanaka, because of fit and finish a little bit softer steel (which translates to less chipping).

fkm is great value.

FKM is i have the 12cm and it has taken a lot of abuse from my gf and our flatmates, it holds a nice edge and it gets really sharp as well.

My sister loves the Tanaka G3 with the western handle. It gets abused just like most stainless steel and has hold up very well. Hardly any rusting at all and it gets left in the sink all the time. Holds the edge very well and it's the most used knife in the house.

Where does one find a Tanaka G3 petty?. Metalmasters hasn't had any in the several months I've been looking, and another unnamable site doesn't carry the petty.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabrasi View Post
    Where does one find a Tanaka G3 petty?. Metalmasters hasn't had any in the several months I've been looking, and another unnamable site doesn't carry the petty.
    MetalMaster offers them from time to time on his site and on ebay.

330mate has western 150mm in VG10.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabrasi View Post
    Metalmasters had 3 or 4 of the 150mm G3 wa-petties a few weeks ago. They were sold out within 5 days.

Cod sarne it. They don't do an email notification either. I guess I need to be more vigilant.

Unless someone wants to sell me theirs...1

Thanks for all the recommendations. I think I may pickup one of the Tanakas from Ebay. Not bad for the price. And maybe pickup a Carbonext, as well.

hiromoto is what alot of the sushi guys i work with bc of its stain resisitance.