Post your Favorite handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Hey guys have a new knife In the works trying to decide in a handle and need some ideas.

Maybe it would help to have a picture and/or description of the knife, and know what you prefer in the way of handles (style, materials and aesthetics)?

It's a 270mm gyuto.

I'm just looking for a cool looking wood or woods that work together.

Also other materials are welcome like mammoth tooth etc

I have really been digging Bog Oak lately.

image.jpg

Love the Bog Oak and those are some damn sexy handles. I'm getting some Bog Oak next shipment. Thanks for the pics, Gary.

The previous photos were the Mulligan. Dude can make a handle.

Very nice ones. Scott, can you tell me about the 'nipple' on the ebony handle? I have always wondered about those. Is there a purpose for that? Is it helpful? Annoying? Neutral?

Stefan

gengetsu, sakai yusuke and suisin inox honyaki handles are my fave 3 so far as wa gyutos are concerned...as far as western handles go i think the mac pro handle is my favorite.

Very nice ones. Scott, can you tell me about the 'nipple' on the ebony handle? I have always wondered about those. Is there a purpose for that? Is it helpful? Annoying? Neutral?

Stefan

Never noticed it in use. As far as purpose? Ask me how hard it is to remove the handle.

I'm telling ya.

Kinda like the first time I used paddle shifters.

Another world.

gengetsu, sakai yusuke and suisin inox honyaki handles are my fave 3 so far as wa gyutos are concerned...as far as western handles go i think the mac pro handle is my favorite.

+1 gengetsu burnt chestnut for wa, mac pro for western. not a fan of fancy looking ones, especially ones that are shiny or 'smooth' finish.

There's some major eye candy in this thread. Would be hard pressed to find a favorite.

I'm going to take a big ball of Sugru and stick a knife tang into it, then mold it to my hand.

Maybe something like this:
sugru3.jpg

Like the Bog Oak with mammoth spacer awesome wa. Some very nice handles all around on this thread.

Back