• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S 240mm Sakai Ichimonji blue steel gyuto and JNS 800

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dardeau

Reaction score
For Sale:
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1400606948.841161.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1400606970.954490.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1400606989.286613.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1400607015.088711.jpg

For Sale:
My Sakai Ichimonji 240mm ( actually somewhere around 235mm) blue steel gyuto. This wide beveled guy seems to be the same smith as the Konosuke Fujiyama blue steel gyutos. This knife is the thinnest behind the edge of any I have ever owned, and has a great geometry. I made about three meals with this before deciding to turn it loose and the way it cut through carrots is astounding. I'm letting it go because it is not the type if knife I prefer at work (mostly single bevels and tougher gyutos) and it is too long for my home boards, and I already have two knives for home that I love. This knife just doesn't fit with my needs. A little to short and delicate for work, a little too long home, and much too awesome to sit on my magstrip getting patina from the South Louisiana humidity. It has been sharpened once, and has some scratches, as I'm not one to polish them out. I have all original packing materials, and a friction fit saya for sale for $375 shipped CONUS

JNS 800
In an effort to cut down on the mess and time and clutter of sharpening I have converted to splash and go, mostly natural, and am not using this stone anymore. It is a great middle stone, I finished a lot of meat fab type knives on this, and it provides a really nice pattern to refine on higher grit stones. It still has a lot of life left. At one point it was mounted on a base that started to get nasty so I knocked it off, but it still had glue residue on what was once the side with kanji. Selling for $50 shipped CONUS

Will consider full or partial trades for a hard (like microbevel and uraoishi territory) natural or splash and go stone or single bevel fish fabrication type knives.

Pictures to follow!

Apologies for being unable to use technology properly. My computer has been broken for over a year, so this has been 100% app based business.

$350 shipped CONUS or trade me something I will use!

Bump, there is stuff in bst calling my name!

$325 shipped. Final drop, it's $100 off new, for a knife used three or four times and sharpened once.

I'm trying to work out how to buy this, been wanting to try one for a while.

Back