Stabilized wood for sale & shop notes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
I had decided a few months ago that I needed to start buying some raw wood and sending it out for stabilizing myself. I used to do this all the time, but the stuff that Mark and Myron have been putting up has been so nice that I couldn't resist. I sent out almost 50 lbs of wood two months ago and got this batch back a couple of weeks ago. I have been buying more wood too, I have over 100lbs in the shop and more on its way. I have buying large boards that are enough for 50 handles or so each, and I realized that I should sell a few pieces to help fund the process. I cut these with the intent on using them for myself, and I have much more of this material that I will be using on my knives in the near future.
I also have some knives in progress, These will be getting handles tomorrow.
All of the wood pieces have numbers beside them in the photos, please refer to them.
As with all natural materials, especially the burls, may have small pinholes or pockets that can be easily filled.
All of this batch was stabilized by WSSI
All prices are free domestic shipping, international customers contact me for prices with shipping

100_1522.jpg

#1 birdseye maple 6 x 1 1/4 x 7/8 $25
#2 birdseye maple 6 x 1 1/2 x 7/8 $30
100_1523.jpg

#3 spalted beech 6 x 3 3/8 x 7/8 $75
100_1524.jpg
#4 spalted beech 6 x 2 7/8 x 7/8 $65
100_1525.jpg

#5 spalted maple burl 6 3/8 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/8 $50
#6 spalted maple burl 7 x 1 5/8 x 1 1/8 $60
100_1526.jpg

#7-#11 maple burl all 5 1/2 x 1 1/4 x1 1/4 or larger $40 each
100_1527.jpg
100_1528.jpg

Post an I'll take it with the number of the piece and I'll pm you with my paypal.
Thanks,
Del

Uh oh, more competition. I may have to start making knives.:bat:

Uh oh, more competition. I may have to start making knives.:bat:

Not much competition, I guess I need better pictures.
After this reception, I think I'll just worry about making knives.
Del

Don't worry Myron, I'll still be picking up some stuff from you, You get some cool stuff in. ;)

That Maple Burl is pretty psychedelic.

I do not need a snakewood mini-nakiri, damned are we....

Back