Hello from CT

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maylar

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm an engineer and hobbiest woodworker and home chef, looking for info on making a couple/few chef's knives for myself and family members. I'm no steel expert, but I can hold my own when it comes to wooden handles and cutting boards and the like. Figure I'll find an appropriate unhandled blade and take it from there.

The internet is a wonderful resource - who'd a thunk there'd be a forum just for kitchen knives. Thanks for being here.

Welcome [old guy]! Sounds like you're pretty fearless, yet careful and methodical. You should enjoy rehandling knives, if you can deal well with the learning curve and inevitable frustrations. But soon I suspect you'll want to graduate to better knives -- especially if you invest considerable time, and some money, fitting run of the mill household knives with custom handles. Have fun!

Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing some work.

Welcome Maylar!

Nice to see more and more skillful people joining this forum. I wouldn't be much surprised if one day there will be a separate forum dedicated purely to knife making details (forging, grinding, heat treating and handle making).

So welcome again and prepare your wallet!

Back