Uploading pictures

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodprefersDiesels

Reaction score
Guys, why is it so hard to upload pics here? Is it the forum format or something? This is the same way it's done at most forums, but some are VERY picture friendly. An example is smokingmeatforums.com .

The way it works there, is you just hit the image upload button in your post, and drag the pics from your computer to the forum. Then, when you hit submit, they upload to the website. No extra account needed, and the pics on the forum can be clicked on and become HUGE!!

Why can't we have it like that here? No disrespect meant. But I want to put it out there that there is a better way, just in case you guys didn't know.

Thanks.

Here is an example of one of my latest smokes. Click on the pics and see what I mean. *cough* shameless plug *cough, cough*

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/161936/back-ribs-brisket-brats-steak-chicken

In the support sub-forum there are a few threads on how to post pictures here. It varies some between members and supporting members, inserting links to pics or inserting images, even type of post can make a difference.

None of them work.

In the support sub-forum there are a few threads on how to post pictures here. It varies some between members and supporting members, inserting links to pics or inserting images, even type of post can make a difference.

None of them work.

Ha Ha! Thanks.

I can post pics. Just wondering why we have to go the long way around. There are faster methods these days. Don't know if they cost more or not, but if it comes down to money, I can sure contribute some.

Guys,

these fora run on certain existing engines - in fact the one used by KKF is quite wide spread (and one of the better ones too). The amount of space the owners usually have is limited because it is expensive (24/7 backup service, etc.). At the same time it is very easy to host your images on some of the myriad hosting servers like Flick or use the free space you get with some of the cloud services. Linking images is usually VERY easy from these services. Flickr will give you BBC code with size of image you can select with just a few clicks. It works easy, you have the control over the size of the image without resizing it and you can pull your photo even if you do not have your membership here anymore - if necessary. I only use this option. It also allow you to link the same image on different fora or social networks (I rarely upload photos to something like Facebook, I rather link them).

Let me allow one example from Flickr. I did following:

1) Went to my Flick and selected the photo I want to link

2) Clicked on the "Share this photo" icon

3) From drop-down menu selected the size I wanted

4) Chose the option "BBC"

5) And pasted the provided code here:

Ian Rogers (Haburn knives) custom gyuto 240mm AEB-L by Matus Kalisky, on Flickr

6) If you do not want all those additional links, just leave only the first ... part of the code and delete the rest.

It is really easy. Just give it a try. I supposed other image sharing sites have similar possibilities.

I'm already using Photobucket. I can just click the image link and paste it in. I've seen now that you can pay to have the privilege of uploading directly to the site. Good for vendors and the like, but not much of a call for me to do it.

Thanks, Matus.

Back