kramers on the bay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramenlegend

Reaction score
Anyone look up kramer knives on the bay recently? There is a very interesting auction on there. The knives definitely need some tlc. It seems a bit fishy for some reason. Anybody thinking about bidding?

At first glance I thought it was a total bargain, but there is a total of 42 inches of steel, at Bobs current $300 per :bat:inch (?) that's $12,600
The seller is still making some profit obviously. Not that there is anything wrong with that

Edit: missed a 10inch knife, so 52 inches total, plus the fork, not too bad of a deal compared with current pricing

He my be totally legit but he only has one feedback and it's from 06.

P.S. Did you guys change your E-bay passwords as recommended?

I must have missed this, change mgt eBay password?
And I wish I had that kind of scratch laying around. Complete Kramer set? Boom

I must have missed this, change mgt eBay password?
And I wish I had that kind of scratch laying around. Complete Kramer set? Boom

Ebay got hacked and user passwords and other info was stolen, they advise changing your password, I only heard about it when it was national news here in the UK a few days ago, no message from Ebay or anything:eyebrow:

I am sure they are a relative "bargain" but I actually really don't like the profile of the Kramer knives. Personally, I've only ever used one of the Zwillings models. But, I understand the profile is pretty much the same. A bit too much belly for me. I already have enough belly on my own stomach. LOL I am sure they are great knives...Just not my thing. Not that I have $12K to spare anyway. ;)

Now you can even get Kramers for $ 199...... From Henckels though. Called Bob Kramer Essential. Stumbled across them at the SLT website.

Now you can even get Kramers for $ 199...... From Henckels though. Called Bob Kramer Essential. Stumbled across them at the SLT website.

Interesting. I've just been and checked that out.

I'm a real fan of the Zkramer paring knives and thought that these could be a good option for those not wanting to spend as much. The profile looks different on the essential paring knife, but I'm not sure if it's just the camera angles (I see no reason why they'd change it).

The profile of the actual Kramer paring knife in the auction looks terrible to me though. I don't really see the sense in selling them as a lot. There are a few things about the auction that don't feel right to me.

Bob's Zwilling line is great. The fact that there is an Essential Line really shows that he is listening to feedback, and still reads the forums. I'm pretty sure the new ones are AEB-L...like most of the guys are asking for now....

He my be totally legit but he only has one feedback and it's from 06.

P.S. Did you guys change your E-bay passwords as recommended?

Thanks for the heads up. More personal data compromised .

dang, somebody bid on it. I was hoping it wouldn't sell and I could email the seller about trying to scoop up the parer :(.

Is FC61 Aeb-l? Didn't even know of the Essential line until just now. Damn, I was really hoping for a Meiji handle on the next line up!

Is FC61 Aeb-l? Didn't even know of the Essential line until just now. Damn, I was really hoping for a Meiji handle on the next line up!

If you watch the video from the Zwillings website that Dave posted above. Bob Kramer never says "AEB-L" but he does say "This stuff was originally designed for razor blades" So, yes, AEB-L. :) I have a couple of AEB-L knives now and have really come to like it. It is definitely one of my favorite stainless knife steels.

It's AEB-L. Bob knows what people want....

That solves the mystery on the miyabi evolution steel as well. Pity they did not decide to make an aeb-l clone of the carbon paring knife.

I can't help myself. I ordered the 10" chef's and the 4" parer, should be here by Thursday. Even if it is AEB-l the heat treat has to be good. I think Zwilling got it right with their Kramer 52100 line and I sure hope they get it right with the "Essential" line. I'll give you an update after I've had a a chance to look at them.

I'd heard good things about the HT, so you should be a happy customer. Zwilling is doing a great job with these, in my mind. I'm pretty sure Mattrud has one too, so he could give insight.

Thinking about the 10" myself. ..
the 8" with the industry discount is only $180, pretty tempting. I called sur la table and they said they won't get them in stores for a week or two. I'll know more after holding one :biggrin:

Kind of sucks they changed their discount from 15% to 10%. Still very tempted to get the 10" and try my hand at re-handling...

Why rehandle it? You're crazy, dude! Haha

Oh, and for complete transparency, the steel on the new line is technically 13c26 - or Sandvik's AEB-L. Should make for a really nice line.

Back