Advice on LG G Pad 8.3, US-UK compatible?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarrenB

Reaction score
I am looking for an LG G Pad 8.3 tablet for my wife, they are around £190 here in the UK, she is heading to NYC next month and I wondered if she could pick one up there a lot cheaper and if everything such as wi-fi etc will work in the UK? Any info appreciated:)

wi-fi will work anywhere, if it has cell phone capability that could be an issue. The LG isn't very popular in the US so prices aren't great. Might look at the awesome Samsung Pro 8.4 which is a wee bit more expensive in the us than 199 pounds but has better specs, $349 at amazon = 207 pounds at current exchange rate

wi-fi will work anywhere, if it has cell phone capability that could be an issue. The LG isn't very popular in the US so prices aren't great. Might look at the awesome Samsung Pro 8.4 which is a wee bit more expensive in the us than 199 pounds but has better specs, $349 at amazon = 207 pounds at current exchange rate

I saw the Samsung Pro 8.4 today, nice but too expensive, the LG seems a lot better than the similar priced Samsung Tab 3 side by side in the store. If I can get a good deal on the LG then it seems about the best tablet for the price, want to try and stay at £150 or so if we can, thanks for the info though

Anything with cell capability should be left in the states. USA uses different cell bands for this stuff. Most manufacturers now make several versions; each for a specific cell band area. They used to make them compatible for all, but with the different market prices they chose this strategy.

Anything with cell capability should be left in the states. USA uses different cell bands for this stuff. Most manufacturers now make several versions; each for a specific cell band area. They used to make them compatible for all, but with the different market prices they chose this strategy.
Looking at the one with just wi-fi and no cell usage, need to have a proper look and see if the specs are the same for the processor etc, just hoping to save quite a bit as she will be in the US.

I own a Nexus 7 (2013 version) and I'm very content with it. It's a bit smaller though (7" compared to the Samsung's 8.4").

I own a Nexus 7 (2013 version) and I'm very content with it. It's a bit smaller though (7" compared to the Samsung's 8.4").
The Nexus 7 was 2nd on the list, only small downside was the lack of sd card slot, still an option though as they are getting cheaper:thumbsup: the 8.3" LG seems best value if we can get a good deal one one, a supermarket chain had them for £120 but they sold out in 12 hours:(

Back