Green vegetables

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonamoh

Banned
Reaction score
Green vegetables are very beneficial for our health and fitness.
These vegetables play an important role keep the body fit and active. They control the cholesterol level and burn the extra fat to lose the body weight. The more beneficial green vegetables for the health are broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, spinach, and cauliflower.

sorry. to clarify, i dont like typical supermarket kale either fresh or frozen. we do have a local farm here that grows excellent tuscan kale. tuscan kale is so good i eat it raw.

Is the OP preparing an ad, or just practicing English?

The German kale variety is eaten in the winter, cooked for a day with salted pork, sausages, pork belly and other things. The pork fat makes it palatable, but one has to drink a lot of genever-like booze with it to survive.

And the typical half-raw broccoli cooked in unsalted water that I seem to get served everywhere is the dullest thing on a plate I can think of. But cabbage is good. Best, of course, after fermentation to sauerkraut :)

Stefan

Brussel sprouts? Cook them sous vide, cut 'em in half and brown the flat side in bacon fat. Hard to beat. :hungry:

Green vegetables are very beneficial for our health and fitness.
These vegetables play an important role keep the body fit and active. They control the cholesterol level and burn the extra fat to lose the body weight. The more beneficial green vegetables for the health are broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, spinach, and cauliflower.

This sounds very much like the lecture I give my kids while dreaming about dry aged prime and lobster in brown butter .

Nothing worse than being a kid and sitting at the table with a plate of cold, green stuff in front of you till midnight. It leaves scars I tell ya.

Can I just drink green tea and never have to suffer through broccoli or kale ever again?

Haha you guys are weird. I absolutly love green veg I basicly live on it. Broccoli is an amaging vegetable. Same with kale. I guess if its cooked to **** any veg tastes bad.

I always have trouble thinking of good uses for stalky greens, but I'm a big fan of broccoli and especially broccoli stems. Do a lot of cabbage too since it's quite common here.

Shaved raw brussel sprouts with red onion, goats cheese and some vinagrette is good. There's not really any of that bitter taste that everyone hates.

Haha you guys are weird. I absolutly love green veg I basicly live on it. Broccoli is an amaging vegetable. Same with kale. I guess if its cooked to **** any veg tastes bad.

Agreed.
Properly prepared vegetables will lift any meal.
Even without bacon!

And it helps you from looking like you'd fit right in on the biggest looser.

Back