Quantcast
Takeshi Kuroda Metal Master
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Takeshi Kuroda Metal Master

Takeshi Kuroda Metal Master

The web-site is terrible to navigate and purchase, but the products are good and I would highly recommend him for natural stones. His descriptions of how the stones perform are spot on. His prices are lower than any other on-line retailer for very specific geographical locations.

I do believe that his stones are probably the best you can find on-line unless you consult with Ken Schwartz. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Just be sure to splurge a few extra bucks for shipping otherwise you won't see what you bought for many, many weeks. I had a paypal problem and it delayed shipping. Metal Master upgraded my shipping free of charge and I had my stone in about two weeks.

Ken Schwartz? Are you serious? Try Maxim! Is this spam?

Well...

It's not easy finding natural stones in the usua...make a few phone calls you won't find too many people offering to sell them.

Umberto<>+1 on Takeshi. He also does business on the bay under metalmasterjp.

WRT your mention of Ken Schwartz, I guess the best way to say it is you walked onto Blood turf wearing Crips colors.

Cheers,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Dark and Swarfy View Post
    Umberto<>+1 on Takeshi. He also does business on the bay under metalmasterjp.

WRT your mention of Ken Schwartz, I guess the best way to say it is you walked onto Blood turf wearing Crips colors.

Cheers,

Rick

But seriously, if you're really interested in Jnats you need to talk to Maxim (Japanese Natural Stones). He test's every stone he sells can steer you toward to one you need. Jon Broida (Japanese Knife Imports) also has a decent selection. Ivan at Tosho Knife Arts also carries a selection. All of these guys are easy to talk to and have a through knowledge of their merchandise.

Be well,
    Mikey
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Let me be a bit more specific in my recommendation...I am by no means an experienced natural stone user. I simply paid good money for a stone and I was satisfied. If you compare stone sizes and prices Metalmaster is consistently less expensive and mostly the grading system seems accurate based on what I got...

I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel you get an honest guy with less than ideal communication, but rest assured you will get your product. He has the best prices on Tanaka knives if you like rustic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
    Let me be a bit more specific in my recommendation...I am by no means an experienced natural stone user. I simply paid good money for a stone and I was satisfied. If you compare stone sizes and prices Metalmaster is consistently less expensive and mostly the grading system seems accurate based on what I got...

I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel you get an honest guy with less than ideal communication, but rest assured you will get your product. He has the best prices on Tanaka knives if you like rustic stuff.
    Can't argue with anything in that statement

Be well,
    Mikey
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

I also recently dealt with Takeshi. I first orderd Tanaka Blue#2 yanagi but something went wrong and the knife which was supposed to come to me was taken by someone else in Japan. He offered me a full refund and I said yes and I got my money back into my paypal account literally straight after. So yeah, he seems like an honest guy to me and I did buy another yanagi from him (Shimatani) and it arrived reasonably well packed.

I've also been looking at one of his natural aotos on eBay for a while but I've just made up my mind to wait until I get more fund to buy the synthetic aoto and JNS 800 from Maksim together for free shipping.

I would recommend trying the real natural aoto. The one I got from Metalmaster was very high quality, either you can use it with lots of mud, or nearly dry with light pressure for polishing. It's pretty great stone.

Ive ordered from Takeshi as well. Not a lot of communication, but the items arrived quick and in good shape.