Media Tomato Cucumber Salad

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's a nice and simple composed summer salad.

[video=youtube;-Qmrk4UntjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qmrk4UntjA[/video]

Funny, I was just getting ready to leave work, wondering what to do with the two English cucumbers I still have in the fridge :) I guess it will be a variation of your salad. Perfect timing, thanks,

Stefan

What do you pour the salad.
A mixture of mustard and oil?
Seeds in cucumbers are delicious, too bad that you have deleted them:)

The seeds don't survive mixing, and make the salad slimy, as well as providing a hard, slippery distraction to the texture overall.

Ever tried halving the cukes and then using a spoon to scoop the seeds out, before chopping them up? I' find it to be a lot faster.

The seeds don't survive mixing, and make the salad slimy, as well as providing a hard, slippery distraction to the texture overall.

Ever tried halving the cukes and then using a spoon to scoop the seeds out, before chopping them up? I' find it to be a lot faster.

Great video. I also do what johndoughy said but I use a grapefruit spoon :D

Great video. I also do what johndoughy said but I use a grapefruit spoon :D

Yes, I've done the spoon before. I guess I could've scraped em down with that after quartering. Truthfully I usually do as I did in the video yet with all four quarters at once. It's faster yet not as accurate. For the shape I was doing, I guess I just wanted them a particular way in that quarter moon fashion. I'll give the spoon another go next time round.

Knife skills class???

Back