• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Shigefusa tall petty or kasumi santoku

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XooMG

Reaction score
Hi, my luck on BST isn't great but might as well try...

I'm thinking of grabbing a Shigefusa, but JNS only has the standard petty in stock and none of the taller ones that were sold a while back. I can find the santoku model in kurouchi but not in honkasumi, which I'd prefer.

If you've got such a knife in new or gently-used condition, let me know. No beaters please.

Thanks!

Cheers Matus; I can find the kurouchi santoku from a Japanese source that would probably save me some money on shipping. I consider that a secondary option if I can't find a tall petty or short gyuto.

I have seen once a wide petty from Shigefusa (I think Maksim had only one - it was gone VERY fast, it was 155mm) and I am not sure whether I have seen a gyuto shorter than 210 at all. Good luck with your search.

Think I'm going to conclude this for now, as I've made arrangements with someone. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back