Just arrived, some new goodies

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
A small piece of some really nice light colored redwood burl.
My real treasure, some Brazilian lacewood, with figure a bit bolder than the hawwian silky oak that Mark has, but similar vibrancy and character.
I bought a bunch of this stuff enough for 80-90 handles depending on how I cut it. I still have to send it out for stabilization, so it will be a bit before I can use any of it.
I ordered this stuff a couple of weeks ago, not knowing that Mark would no longer be carrying the silky oak.
When I get it back, I'll be using this on a regular basis, this stuff is just too cool.
Del

100_1540.jpg

100_1541.jpg

Really nice stuff, Del! Your handles are a distinctive feature of your knives...

Hadi

I took a bit of time last night and cut up half of what I ordered to prepare it for sending out for stabilization. I also cut up that redwood burl.
Today I spent most of the day forging, which I have not done in awhile and man am I whipped. Just quit about an hour ago.
I sanded the lacewood, and some waterfall bubinga that is going out with the lacewood.

Al,
Thanks for the compliment.
Del

Back