Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the KKF audio thread!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I have always had a foot in the door for audio equipment, but never take the full jump. Had a full surround of Mirage M9's but they got stolen. When I moved to Colorado a year ago, bought a pair of Sonus Faber Concerto Domus, a Pioneer Elite SC-25 and Velodyne 12" sub (regret it, get enough bass from the towers). I really want to get into tube amps, but money flow is directed at other priorities at the moment.
    Jason

Had to go Canadian:

Amp: NAD C326BEE
    CD: NAD C545BEE
    Speakers: Totem Mites

This is a mid-priced system (about $1500 all in) for my small living room, that produces collosal sound.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Odyssey Audio Stratos Extreme SE. My preamp is an Odyssey Audio Candella with 1950's RCA cleartop tubes.
    What an incredible bargain those Odyssey Audio products were. Do they still make them?

Magnepan 1.7qr, REL Stadium, VTL, MSD, Rotel, Magnum Dynalab, Goertz.
    I really am related to Tony Clifton.

the Odyssey products are still made. in fact, they have started making higher end, expensive items, in edition to the fantastic bang for the buck stuff they are mostly known for.

My stuff is all pretty dated now. Audible Illusions 2b preamp I bought use ~1987, McCormick amp I bought used ~15 years ago (just crapped out last week -- it's right at the 20 year warranty expiration point ), Von Schweikert VR3s (I think -- the smaller of the two towers) I bought new ~14 years ago, and a B&O TT I bought new ~1985. CD player is pretty new (~ 6 years old), budget player from one of the uber $$ makers...

Interconnects and speaker wires are old pretty low- to mid-budget. Got an old Nak tape deck that needs cleaning and realignment on of these years...

i bet that's a nice system. all of my cables are self-made from commodity cabling (belden, etc).

I really like it, but the speakers are too big for the room they are in. And I was outvoted in my campaign to move the system into the family room we just added (1 vote yes, and wife's vote NO! )