Amber Arizona Walnut & Claro Walnut Burl Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just got a lot of really good looking walnut blocks back from getting stabilized by K&G.
The Amber colored ones are Arizona Walnut (Juglans major (Torr.) Heller) that I bought from an older gentleman. He brought the wood up from Arizona 35+ years ago. He inherited the wood from his father who harvested the stump burls.
The darker colored blocks are California Claro Walnut (Juglans hindsii). These blocks were cut from some old stump burls that were salvaged when trees were removed from a commercial orchard in California.

I have about 50 new blocks that I am adding to the web store.
The blocks in this photo are the ones I have posted so far. Click on the photo to go where these blocks are located in our web store.

I will post another group photo when I get the rest of the Walnut listed in the web store.

I have finished adding the remainder of the new Walnut blocks to our web store.
This group photo shows the new pieces. If you click on the photo it will take you to where these blocks are located in our web store.
Please check out the photos of the individual pieces in the store. It is very likely that some of these might be the best you have ever seen. What is in the store right now is the best selection of figured Walnut that I have had in years.

I also posted some new stabilized blocks of Spalted Curly Oregon Maple. These blocks were cut quarter sawn to give the most strength possible as well as show off the curly figure. The spalting gives these blocks unusual random bands of coloring.

Back