Sous Vide Anova or sansaire?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menno

Reaction score
I am really interested in the whole sous vide thing But i do not want to spend like 600 bucks for the polyscience units so I consider the anova or the sansaire. What are the pros and cons of each circulator? If you have other reccomendations Please let me know.

The circulater is for home use.

i've been quite happy with my anova, and my friends who have the sansaire all comment on the better build quality of mine over theirs

Thanks for the quick reply jon.
What is the capacity of the anova?

I have and love the Anova. It's built like a tank.

However the wattage is 1,100 on the Sansaire with a 6 gal capacity. The Anova has a 1,000 watt heater with a capacity of 5-6 gallons. I just use a cooler, or foil the top for doing larger capacities.

I haven't used my Sansaire yet (I have to fix my vacuum sealer), but I would definitely go for the Anova if I had to do it over. I am sure they both work fine, but the build quality of the Sansaire (as Jon mentioned) is pretty poor IMO.

karring

I have the Anova and am wildly impressed at the quality got the price. It's a workhorse.

I don't think the biggen capacity of the Sansaire is a big issue for me because i Will only use it in a home enviremont.

Another Anova user here. Like it a lot. I hang it on a 12qt Cambro for most things, can go up to a food tray or small cooler.

No experience with Sansaire. I have used the SVS and SVD and the Anova kicks their butt for home use.

Back