Japanese Knives New Gesshin Coarse Stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Are you ready for #japaneseknifeimports newest stone? It fits between our Gesshin 220 and 400 speed-wise, but dishes less quickly than either... Gonna retail for $75 starting this coming week #gesshin #gesshinstones #toishi #arato #knifesharpening

10370414_10152230376648860_8657493163653318298_n.jpg

Details. My Gesshin 400 is only like 5mm thick.

I'll try to make a video on this stone soon... they should be up on the website tomorrow to tuesday depending on how busy i am at work

This stone piques my interest. What do the Japanese words on the stone and box say? I'm assuming this is a 400 grit stone? I'm surprised people use and wear out their Gesshin 400 stone thinning out knives. Personally, I'd just start with my Gesshin 220 or it would just take too long.

the stone just says to soak the stone before use ;)

The box describes the type of stone its a medium-coarse stone (often times, coarse stones are below 220 girt). This stone is actually not exactly a 400 grit stone, but thats what it acts like, so thats what we call it. You can use it like a 400 grit stone.

And on the thinning, i'm with you... start as coarse as you can for the sake of speed (if you have the necessary experience).

Back