New from Florida

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdog

Reaction score
Howdie folks, just wanted to say hello from Florida. I'm a knife nut expanding into kitchen cutlery. Have been into folders and fixed blades for years. Have a very good sampling of different steels. Looking at getting a few good kitchen knives to go along with the low to mid-grade knives I already use. What better place than Kitchen Knife forum? Been reading lots of threads/posts and have gleaned some good info, thanks to all for sharing.

Welcome. I suspect you'll very soon be abandoning your Edge Pro, etc. and buying waterstones.

Thanks for the welcome. I primarily use my Edge Pro for setting edges and re-profiling. I find the Edge Pro is a bit more unfriendly on the longer blades. Having commercial and charter fished I am very familiar with the Norton Crystolon stones. Haven't used any of the high end Japanese water stones but look forward to giving these a go. I usually sharpen most of my knives between 400 to 1000 knives depending on steel and use. Look forward to reading and learning about the better kitchen cutlery. I dare not get hooked on these as I did with the Spyderco's. Be well

Latest posts

Back