Visiting the San Diego/La Jolla area....any KKF Peeps nearby?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
I'm going to be in La Jolla for a couple of weeks, starting June 12th (late flight in) and going through around the 31st. Any one in the area want to meet?

If you find yourself up in Oceanside check out The Flying Pig.

It won't be as interesting to you coming from Little Rock, but the owner/GM is extremely passionate and cares deeply about his business. The Chef is legit too. He has a really good understanding of flavors and could be doing food at a much higher price-point and level (concept & execution wise). He's a machine. They're good people.

It can get a little crazy as far as volume and wait times though.

come up to LA and say whats up...

in SD, i would check out:

on the high price end- addison and georges on the cove
for beer- toronado

I'm sure there's a lot more, but i never make it down to SD anymore

Alas, I will not have a vehicle. :(

I was just looking on google maps...I didnt realize they were only 120 miles apart. thought it was more than double that...

yeah... its about 1.5-2 hours depending on where in SD you're driving from.... its far, but not that far ;)

I'm going to be in La Jolla for a couple of weeks, starting June 12th (late flight in) and going through around the 31st. Any one in the area want to meet?

I live in the downtown area, but if you are in la jolla you should goto my roommates restaurant nine ten. It is amazing!

If you come to the downtown area let me know and I'd be glad to come grab a beer and talk knives with you for a while!

Brad

Brad, downtown of La Jolla? SanD? LA?

I'm looking into possible day trip to LA.

Depending on what you're trying to do in LA, I'd look at taking the Coaster/Metro Link up there.

The Coaster is pretty sweet. It didn't run as late as I would've liked when I was out there, but you can bring your own alcohol aboard and drink. Always a plus for me :biggrin:

I was just thinking about something very much like that!!!

Latest posts

Back