grabbed a couple of blades from a box headed to the Goodwill donation...what is it?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
it is sharp as heck!! quick swipes on my waterstone got it razor like. i figured i'd grab it more to learn about it than anything. i did blast a bunch of scallions and onions today pretty quickly. nice wide blade to lift pieces into the skillet.

i have no clue what it is. called my taiwanese mother in law and she said the company phone number is no good anymore. it used to be in Taipei. it's fun and if anything, would be a pretty good knife for our camping trailer. deer camp chores.

oh, i also found an old 1980's Schrade old timer 50T. also high carbon, according to the lady at schrade i talked to today. it did get super sharp. it is the sturdiest folding knife i have ever seen..there is zero flex between blade and handle. none.

my mom has a huge box going to donations. i got some great stainless skewers and these two blades.

Whoa that old timer is RAD

永興隆餐具行 is a kitchen supplier in Taipei (Ximen/Wanhua district). Address is 台北市萬華區漢中街165號1樓, Telephone should be 02-2381-0717. I don't know much about that blade...whether it was originally that shape or if it was a wider blade ground down.

The stamp and tang/blade blending looks a lot like a knife (slicing cleaver) of mine, also from Ximen, but branded 台北西門菜刀王. It's pretty crudely finished but comes with a pretty thin, very sharp edge. Haven't used it enough to know how soft/hard it is.

Nice! Sounds from your description like the first one was sharp even when you got it, so all you did was use one waterstone. Just out of curiosity, which one did you use -- 5000? Something less? Thanks.

The last of the American made Schrades. Excellent carbon blade.

Back