Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best brand of kitchen knife?

The most durable, Henckle's. The sharpest, a razor or a scalpel . The best of both worlds, lightsaber.

If you really want to revolutionize the home cooking experience, then we need a home version of a high pressure water cutter.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

I very much like the "Bob Kramer" brand! I strongly recommend to get a whole set!

ILL24, just ignore the comments above. If you still want to get some advices from those that are actually willing to offer some (yes, there are plenty of those around here), than just start a new thread and start it with the questionnaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    ILL24, just ignore the comments above. If you still want to get some advices from those that are actually willing to offer some (yes, there are plenty of those around here), than just start a new thread and start it with the questionnaire.
    That's because his question is pointless, very open ended, and has zero direction. His question deserves the type of responses that has been supplied.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

It was a very open question, for which there is no simple answer, particularly without the OP including any specific info. That doesn't mean that people need to jump all over him (her?). We are all ignorant about many things.

I'd say to educate yourself as much as possible. Read some of the vast info and experience reflected here. Ask informed questions, and then either get a sub-$100 gyuto new, or buy something that is decent on B/S/T. Find out what you like or don't like about that particular blade, ask more questions, and refine what you're looking for.

And learn to sharpen. Sooner is better than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Doom View Post
    That's because his question is pointless, very open ended, and has zero direction. His question deserves the type of responses that has been supplied.
    Al though this is true, why would we want to scare away a potential enthusiast and community member?

I'm with Matus on this one.

Some things in life are required based solely on the principle of the matter.

Unless the OP was high. Or drunk. Or high and drunk. Then we can change the nature of the discussion.

Before we start bickering, I think it's worth noting that the original message looks a lot like the kind of thing a bot would produce.

(If you're legit ILL24, then I apologise).

Thank you for taking the time to create such an informational post. I find your site very useful in this regard. Many questions have been piqued for my curiosity. Excellent use of the proper terminology required. Thank you again for such valuable time well spent together.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to create such an informational post. I find your site very useful in this regard. Many questions have been piqued for my curiosity. Excellent use of the proper terminology required. Thank you again for such valuable time well spent together.
    LOL....that's great.