Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best brand of kitchen knife?

What is the best brand of kitchen knife?

Choosing a good set of kitchen knives is a minefield. How can you find out the the sharpest, most durable knives? Is there a site that reviews them or do people find out through word of mouth? Or do get what you pay for?

There are nearly 4000 threads & over 80,000 posts in "the kitchen knife" sub forum on this forum. There is no simple answer. If you are looking to purchase something you can fill out this questionnaire, and you'll get some advice which will hopefully make yours decision easier.
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...estionnaire-v2
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Non-existent. Every one has their own favorite, based on different factors and expectations.

Dont look for brands look for what works.

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    f you are looking to purchase something you can fill out this questionnaire, and you'll get some advice which will hopefully make yours decision easier.
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...estionnaire-v2
    +1

Just read a bit around here and then use the questionnaire so that we can help you.

The 'best' knife will be the one which will best suit fulfil your expectations concerning utility, design, price ... Most of the time it takes several iterations to get there, because at the beginning you lack the knowledge about what you actually want. It takes personal experience to actually form expectations that are relevant and address your needs. And it will not be cheap

Forgive my cynicism but when I see first posts like these lots of warning flags start flying.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    Forgive my cynicism but when I see first posts like these lots of warning flags start flying.
    +1

"Is there a site that reviews them"?

Yes. This site has TONS of reviews.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

I would say - we made our point and the OP does not deserve to get stoned just because asking a question we consider 'wrong'. Unless we want to scare him/her away, we should make space for the new member to look around and maybe come back with the questionnaire and set of questions.

So let's just be nice as we usually are

Good answer. Welcome ILL24.

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Rule #1 -- Don't buy a set. Buy the knives you need.