F/S Walnut Cutting Board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This would probably best be described as a light use cutting board. There are no feet so you can use both sides of the board.
The wood is a quarter sawn piece of lightly figured California Claro Walnut.
I arched the sides and ends instead of leaving it as a plain rectangle.
It has been drum sanded flat then finish sanded to 600 grit.
So far I have applied just one heavy application of food grade mineral oil. I will be applying a few more coats over the weekend.
The photo with the white background shows the closest to true coloring with my computer.

Dimensions are 18" long, by just under 14" wide and 1&1/4" thick.
Price is $200 plus shipping. US shipping should be about $20. International about triple that, sorry.
If you would like to get the board just make a post that says "I'll take it".
Then send me a PM with your email address so I can send a Paypal invoice for payment.

3a_zps3f7845f0.jpg

Side A
2a_zps75652cb8.jpg

Side B
1a_zps2bff160d.jpg

I have been using a similar one piece board at home for almost 2 years now.
I like it because I can carry it around in the kitchen and then scrub it off in the sink.
I scrub down both sides with a scotchbrite pad and then rinse in hot water.
After rinsing I stand it on edge to allow it to dry.
Mine has stayed flat and just shows light cut marks. But I don't use mine for chopping. Just normal slicing veggies and meat.

This board is cut quarter sawn so it is not as prone to warping as a flat sawn piece would be.
The cutting surface is edge grain so it also will not show the cut marks as much as flat sawn would.
I also figured since there are no glue lines it would be easier on the edge of your blades.

On a different subject.
Next week I will have a slab of Rosewood Burl arriving. A friend has had it for years and wants me to cut it up and sell it for him. Thought I would mention this just in case anyone here likes that sort of wood.

This board has been withdrawn.
My wife talked me into bringing it home instead of selling it.

If anyone wants a similar board I have another piece of Walnut that was the brother to this one.

Back