Figured Bog Oak - Large Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished posting these new stabilized (by K&G) blocks of Ancient Bog Oak in our web store.
This time I got wood from 5 different logs, each with their own carbon dating reports.
They are all cut quarter sawn so they show the rays and flecks that you can see in Oak. There is a variety of coloring that can show a slight color change when the light hits from different angles. These blocks are cut large so you could use them for large handle fighters or possibly a couple smaller handle knives.
They are all very nice so I priced them the same at $75 each with the exception of one block. That one is priced $20 higher because I liked it the best of all. I am fighting with myself about it so I thought I would give it a day in the store. If it is still there tomorrow night then I will probably keep it for myself. If it goes away, I will know it went to someone who appreciates it like I do.

Forum members can have a 10% discount if you enter the lower case letters forum where it asks for a promotional code during checkout.
All of these blocks come with a No Questions Asked, Money Back Guarantee.
FREE US shipping. International shipping is $20 or free if your order is over $100

If you would like to take a look at the blocks that are available just click on the photo and it will take you to the stabilized Bog Oak section of the store.
The group photo is a bit washed out from my camera flash. The individual photos in the store are better.

For those that are curious, these are the carbon dating reports for the Bog Oak. A copy of the applicable report will be included with each block.
2840_zpsae38f914.jpg

3400_zpsec97bffa.jpg

3560_zpsa5f6fd42.jpg

3720_zps05601475.jpg

5460_zpsfa83730b.jpg

The one I was considering keeping for myself has found a new home. Thank You.
It was not included in the group photo because I was going back and forth until the last minute.
This is what it looked like. Kind of unusual but I thought it looked cool.
8392bb_zps175531a8.jpg

Latest posts

Back